Hello fellow bloggers! I had a simply wonderful week last week. First, I received word that I’m getting my 4th picture book published… Woo hoo!! That’s all I can tell you about that at present as I won’t be signing their contract until September. I’m so excited though!. Secondly, I also heard from the ezine Knowonder and they are going to publish a story of mine called Hippytoe Gets A Frog In Her Throat. No word on when yet but don’t worry, I’ll let you know. And even more exciting than all of that, I received the final proof for the cover of my next picture book titled Bree Discovers The Color of Love. This book is going to be one in which you can personalize it with your own child’s name. Take a looksy. I’m very pleased with it.
1. What is the name of your book?Bree Discovers The Color Of Love
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?Well actually I wrote this story for Writers Retreat. This is an online critique group and the subject for the month was to write a story with color in it. So this was what I came up with.
3. In what genre would you classify your book?
Children’s Fiction with a touch of fantasy.
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?I would choose Disney Pixar animation characters, of course! Nothing better then a Pixar 3D movie!
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
A little girl sets out on a magical adventure to find out what color love is.
6. Is your book already published / represented?It is not published yet but the illustrator is working on it. As soon as she finishes it will be produced by Frecklebox.
7. How long did it take you to write your book?
The actual story only took a week or two. However, I did several edits after that, sent it to two of my critique groups and then more edits.
All readers of picture books, including adults. I think it will be an enjoyable read for parents to read to their child as well.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
No author in particular so I guess I’d have to say the authors in the WR group. If the author who chose the subject for the month (sorry I can’t remember whose month that was!!) hadn’t chosen that criteria for us to write about, I probably wouldn’t have written this story.
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
Have you ever dreamt about having your own magic carpet? Well now you can jump aboard Bree’s and enjoy!
Now for the bloggers to tag:
2. Mikki Sadil
3. Ruth Schiffmann
4. Katie Clark
5. Elisabeth Hirsch
Please leave a note if you decide to participate. Thanks!